How to Cook Mussels - Fabulous Seafood Appetizer Recipes
Find a tasty Mussels Recipe below.
If you're staying at a beach house on Martha's Vineyard, seafood will probably be on your list for meals. Get some fresh mussels and try these recipes !
Scroll down below the recipes to see places on Martha's Vineyard to buy fresh fish and seafood for your vacation.
Steamed Mussels - Tomato Sauce and Garlic
1 pound mussels - clean and debeard
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
3 cups canned tomato sauce
2 tablespoons minced shallots
1 cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon capers
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Mix olive oil, melted butter, garlic, shallots, and capers and grill until shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes
- Mix in tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, allow to simmer for 10 minutes
- Add mussels and cover tightly. Increase heat to medium-high and cook about 10 minutes until all mussels have opened
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped onions and serve
Try some tasty Seafood Appetizer Recipes
Get Ideas for a Martha's Vineyard Family Beach Vacation
New England Getaways often involve the beach. See why
I love the beach on Martha's Vineyard
Places on Martha's Vineyard to get Seafood
For fresh seafood...we highly recommend the Net Result in Vineyard Haven
. This fish market has top quality, great service and outdoor picnic tables... if you decide you can't wait to drive home and do the cooking yourself ! Stock up here on seafood for your Seafood Appetizer Recipes.
Or, if you'd like a slightly more traditional sit-down restaurant, the Seafood Shanty in Edgartown has great fresh seafood meals and is right on the harbor...with fabulous views. Enjoy the seafood here and save your seafood appetizer recipes for another day
From Mussels Recipe to Martha's Vineyard Vacation Tips