Lobster Tail Recipes
Baked Lobster Tail and Seafood Appetizer Recipes
Delicious lobster tail recipes that are easy to follow and sure to delight family and friends. Also, lobster meat recipes and seafood appetizer recipes such as scallops in bacon, shrimp dip and more.
There are many opportunities to enjoy lobster and seafood on Martha's Vineyard. Below the recipes listed on this page, we have some recommendations for places to purchase live lobsters and restaurants for eating lobster.
If you're renting a vacation house, you can purchase live lobsters at one of the many local seafood markets. Or, if you'd like to dine out, there are numerous restaurants with fresh, top-notch lobster.
Scroll down this page to see some recommendations (below the recipes for lobster tails)
Lobster Tail Recipes
- 4 fresh lobsters
- lime juice
- olive oil
- ground pepper
This recipe is for broiling lobster tails. Broiling will quickly heat the meat and result in some nice light brown coloring.
- Prepare your oven by preheating your broiler
- Slice your lobsters down the middle of the belly, from head to tail
- Split the lobsters open and clean out the stomach and liver
- Place the lobsters on their backs in the broiling pan
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the exposed meat areas
- Melt some butter in a saucepan and mix in the lime juice and ground pepper
- Put pan in the broiler about 6 inches from the heat
- Cooking time varies depending on lobster size...they will be ready when the meat is light brown and opaque
- Remove lobsters from oven and drizzle with butter and lime sauce
- Enjoy !
Here are some soft shell crab recipes
Here are some seafood appetizer recipes
Places on Martha's Vineyard to get Lobster
For live lobsters...we highly recommend the Net Result in Vineyard Haven
. This fish market has top quality, great service and outdoor picnic tables... if you decide you can't wait to drive home and do the cooking yourself !
Or, if you'd like a slightly more traditional sit-down restaurant, the Seafood Shanty in Edgartown has great fresh lobster and is right on the harbor...with fabulous views
We hope you enjoy these lobster tail recipes.
Go from Lobster Tail Recipes to Martha's Vineyard Vacation Tips