Fun Facts about Ice Cream
Here are some fun facts about ice cream...the cool summertime treat people love to enjoy anytime !
- Elvis Presley loved ice cream...his favorite treats were chocolate milkshakes and peach ice cream
- 98% of all US homes have ice cream in the freezer
- The average American eats 23.2 quarts of ice cream every year
- Ronald Reagan named July as "National Ice Cream Month"
- 13% men and 8% woman lick their bowl clean after eating ice cream
- More ice cream is sold on Sunday than any other day of the week
- In Japan, the third most popular flavor of ice cream is matcha (powdered green tea)
- The popular Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream was started in Vermont in an old gas station
- Ice cream became available in America in the 1700's, but was primarily a treat of the wealthy
- Air is one of the key parts of ice cream...it keeps it from freezing solid
Go to Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream at Mad Martha's
Return from Fun Facts About Ice Cream to Home