Crab Meat Recipes - Seafood Appetizer Recipes
Mouth watering crab meat recipes sure to please your family or guests.
Flavored as you prefer with butter, lemon, garlic, pepper etc for succulent flavor.
Martha's Vineyard has tremendous seafood and we've listed some crab meat recipes here for you to enjoy.
Crab Meat Recipes
Crab Meat Puff
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium stalk celery
- 1/2 medium green pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 8-10 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, with juices
- 1/2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 1 qt baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery and green pepper. Saute until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add flour and stir until blended with vegetables. Add Old Bay and stir once more. Gradually add milk while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat.
- Add egg, salt, peppers and crabmeat. Stir to blend.
- Place mixture into casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes, or until cheese melts and begins to lightly brown.
Maryland Crab Cakes
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (you may need to use a little more)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, crushed saltines (EnerG gluten free breadcrumbs also work well)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix together all ingredients BUT the crab.
- If the mixture seems a little dry, add more cream. You want cakes that are moist but firm enough to hold cakes together.
- Fold in crab meat, making sure mixture is well-combined, but being careful not to break up the lumps too much.
- Store in fridge for 1/2 hour or so.
- Broil until first side is brown, then flip and do the same. (Some people like to pan fry or even deep fry. Just cook until browned).
- 1 lb lump crabmeat or backfin crab meat
- 2-4 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature and soften.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, ¾ cup of the cheddar cheese, and the mozzarella cheese.
- Add Old Bay seasoning to taste (use at least 2 Tbsp) and mix until all is evenly mixed (hand mixing works best).
- Carefully blend in crab meat so as not to break up the lumps. Add milk to loosen and make mixing easier.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased deep dish glass 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and top with Old Bay to Taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees until top is golden brown and bubbling (time varies, usually 30-45 minutes).
Soft Shell Crab Recipes
Here are some soft shell crab recipes
Seafood Appetizer Recipes
Here are some seafood appetizer recipes
Try a Recipe for baking lobster tails
Places on Martha's Vineyard to get Crabs
For fresh seafood...we highly recommend the Net Result in Vineyard Haven
. This fish market has top quality, great service and outdoor picnic tables... if you decide you can't wait to drive home and do the cooking yourself ! Stock up here on crabs for your Soft Shell Crab Recipes.
Or, if you'd like a slightly more traditional sit-down restaurant, the Seafood Shanty in Edgartown has great fresh seafood meals and is right on the harbor...with fabulous views. Enjoy the crab here and save your crab recipes for another day
We hope you enjoy these crab meat recipes...
Discover fun activities for a Martha's Vineyard Vacation
Go to Martha's Vineyard Vacation Tips from crab meat recipes