Martha's Vineyard Can be the Best Place to Honeymoon Affordably
How can you have cheap honeymoons on Martha's Vineyard ? I know...you're thinking, come on Scott...Martha's Vineyard is known as a high-end vacation spot.
Of course you can spend alot of money for a honeymoon on the Vineyard. BUT, there are opportunities to have a Martha's Vineyard honeymoon for a reasonable cost...especially if you live in the Northeast.
So, you say...how do I have a cheap honeymoon on the Vineyard ? Well...let's look at the variety of price ranges that are possible:
- TransportationIf you live in New England, New York or New Jersey, you could drive to Woods Hole, MA and take the Steamship Authority ferry to the Vineyard. This is very low cost compared to flying to Hawaii, the Caribbean, or some destination outside the U.S.
- AccomodationsFew folks know the Vineyard has a Martha's Vineyard campground. Of course, camping might not be on your list for a honeymoon...but for the adventuresome/outdoors types maybe it is AND we are talking about how to have a cheap island honeymoon. Sleeping under the stars in a tent *could* be romantic...and the campground does have charming log cabins with fridges, front porches, gas grills and electric outlets.
- DiningThere are many simple, low cost restaurants where folks on a budget can choose to get sandwiches, pizza, pasta, salads etc.
- EntertainmentThe beaches are free ! Most of the public beaches are free and have free parking. You can also stroll around the charming towns of Vineyard Haven, Oak Bluffs and Edgartown...this IS entertaining and it's free. There are also movie theaters and a selection of moderately priced bars.
- TransportationYou can choose to fly to the Martha's Vineyard Airport. Depending upon where you live, this flight will likely cost less than a flight to other common honeymoon destinations.
- AccomodationsChoose among many moderately priced hotels and bed and breakfasts.
- DiningThere are many mid-range restaurants that offer fine food for a reasonable price.
- EntertainmentYou could try a catamaran cruise, or a black dog tall ship cruise
- TransportationYou can fly directly into Martha's Vineyard Airport and rent a car while on the Vineyard.
- AccomodationsThere are many luxurious hotels and bed and breakfasts that will pamper you.
- DiningOf course, the Vineyard has spectacular restaurants...especially for seafood lovers. If money is not much of a concern, you'll find great dining experiences.
- EntertainmentYou could rent a boat for a day or more, go on a fishing charter, rent a 4 x 4 and explore the beach areas, play golf on courses with amazing vistas...and more
So, Martha's Vineyard can be a
best place to honeymoon
regardless of your budget...and cheap honeymoons are possible
We think the
best honeymoon destinations
are those that offer something for a wide range of folks.
While we did not honeymoon on the Vineyard, we have spent numerous vacations there and feel it is absolutely a
top honeymoon spot
Consider Martha's Vineyard in searching for
honeymoon vacation spots
Return from cheap honeymoons to Martha's Vineyard Vacation Tips